Pratical Session: Image Analysis using Machine learning
September 17th, 2020
14.00-15.30 e 16.00-17.30
Faculty of Civil and Industrial Engineering - Sapienza University of Rome
The event will be held ONLY in attendance
• Brief introduction to Machine Learning: training the program, learning from examples and experiences, finding relationships
• The ZEN Platform: the microscope software permitting to unleash all features of an imaging station
• From Acquisition to Processing of an Image: how to set up a correct workflow
• Case studies:
- one standard image analysis vs. Machine learning-based analysis: different approaches and tools
- one complex case (impossible with standard image analysis): how machine learning permits to overcome
hard tasks without tedious manual measurements
After completing a master degree in Goeosciences in University of Milan, I have been working for 5 years as a researcher in the field of composites materials at Petroceramics a spin-off of the University of Milan. Since 2012 I have been working as an application specialist before, and as a product and regional sales manger later, for Material Sciences Microscopy.
In the last four years I made research in the field of soil contamination and environmental restoration, in the framework of a doctoral course in Earth Sciences at Padua University, which will be completed this year. My scientific interests also deal with the development of low CO2 alternative binders and the re-utilization and valorization of industrial wastes. Since mid-2019 I joined Zeiss as an Application specialist for Material Science Microscopy.